CELEBRATING SUPERHUMAN'S DAY
Mother’s Day is more than just celebrating your mom or your partner, it’s about letting all the moms in your life know that you see them, in all their glory and their struggle, and they are crushing this whole #momlife shiz.
So why are we dubbing Mother's Day Superhuman's Day instead? When you look up synonyms of superhuman in the dictionary, you’ll find words like magical, miraculous, phenomenal, supernatural, and MOM. Okay, okay, we mayyyyybe added in that Mom part but it’s for good reason!
To be a mom IS to be a superhuman... the words are one in the same to us here at Friends Do This. And these superhuman's deserve to be told that they ARE in fact magical, miraculous, phenomenal and supernatural, whether they believe those words or not.
This Mother's Day, we want to help you celebrate and remind the superhuman's in your life that they are crushing it. Whether it’s your own mom who kicks ass on the daily or your best friend who is totally crushing the whole mom thing, we want you to nominate the superhuman in your life so that we can send them a care package!
Here’s how it works:
- Post a picture on Instagram or Facebook of your superhuman nominee between April 19 and May 7.
- Your post must be public, you must tag @FriendsDoThis and use the hashtag #MomsDoThis to enter the contest.
- In the post, tell us why this human is in fact Super. Bonus points for making us giggle!
We’ll choose 5 of the best posts and the contest winners will get the official Mom Essential Pack that includes greeting cards, a stack of bracelets from Bom Bom Beads, cookies from Cheeky Boy Bakery, a gift card from Seabird Coffee, a tumbler, and face masks.
Looking for more ways to uniquely celebrate the superhuman's in your life? We recently launched a line of witty Mother's Day cards to make any mom smile (and blush). So grab a pen and let’s remind all of the moms out there of their superhuman status!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Friends Do This Mother’s Day Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and Canada who submit an eligible photo via the entry method described in these rules and are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of friendsdothis.com, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employees are not eligible (Sorry, Carolyn). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Friends Do This PO Box 490 Rockland, MA 02370 (“Sponsor”).
- Timing: The Contest begins on April 13th at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on May 7, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
- How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, simply post your favorite original picture of a superhuman in your life taken by you that meets the eligibility criteria below to your public Instagram or Facebook account using the hashtag #MomsDoThis. Your account must be public in order for Friends Do This to see the photo and thus for you to enter the contest. You may only submit Three (3) nominations regardless of how many social media accounts you own or use. Eligible entries will be judged by Sponsor to determine winners. When you post, please note that you must also tag Friends Do This to qualify.
Entry Limit. Each entrant is limited to one (3) separate nominations. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, social media accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an account by the social media service provider. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
PHOTO CRITERIA: In order to be considered by judges, each of the following criteria must be met. The photograph must:
- Be an original photograph taken by you, or by a family member who has given you permission to enter the photograph in the Contest.
- Be owned by you without any competing ownership interest that you know of, or should know of
- Not depict any identifiable person without their consent, or in the case of a minor, the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian
- Not include any images or elements that in Sponsor’s sole judgement are profane, offensive, discriminatory, sexual, violent, or depict any drug use or irresponsible use of alcohol
- Have only minimal or incidental use of brands and logos unaffiliated with Sponsor
- Be visible to Sponsor by virtue of entrant’s social media profile being public
- Include the hashtag #MomsDoThis and tag Sponsor Brand
- Judging Criteria: Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor will select the potential Contest winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on or around May 9, 2021 based upon a totality of the following elements:
- Expression of the importance of mothers
- The photo’s depiction of motherhood in a way that demonstrates superhuman status
- Quality of the photograph
- Memorable nature of the photograph
All decisions related to judging are in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The potential winner will be notified via the social media account used to post the entry. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted within the requested time period (if applicable), the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner based upon the same judging criteria. Only three (3) alternate winners will be determined, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
- Prizes: Five (5) winners will each receive 1 curated box by Sponsor and listed in Section 15, below. Each prize’s approximate retail value is $100 USD.
The prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component thereof for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any component thereof should become unavailable for any reason. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
- Release: By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for internal or promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. If Sponsor intends to use your submission photo for promotional purposes, Sponsor will attempt to contact you and notify you of its intent, but Sponsor is under no obligation to do so.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, pandemics, acts of government, travel restrictions, changes in laws, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or awarding of the Prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize or an alternate prize of roughly similar value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts (Boston Division) or the appropriate Massachusetts State Court; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Massachusetts or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Massachusetts.
- Winner List: The winner list will be available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address listed in these rules with attention to “Moms Do This.”
- No Affiliation with Social Media platforms. This contest is not sponsored or endorsed by Instagram or Facebook, nor is either company in any way affiliated with the administration of this Contest.